FISHING, HIKING, AND HUMPIE WATCHING
In mid-August, joining the epic run of kings and silvers, pink salmon return home to the creek by Waterfall Resort. Guests take the creekside nature trail to watch the fish, also known as “humpies” or humpbacks, as they forge upstream on their journey to our namesake waterfall.
The Waterfall Creek Salmon Run takes place when the humpies are ready to spawn, usually around mid-August, an event as exciting to our guests as it is our resident black bears. Our boardwalk and trails lead along the creek to the waterfall and an observation deck, your vantage point for watching the bears feasting on the fish.
To book, contact reservations at 800-544-5125.
- Round-trip floatplane to Waterfall Resort from Ketchikan, Alaska
- Lodging in historic Boardwalk Cabin or oceanfront Lodge Room
- All meals of hearty Alaska-style fare, including wine with dinner
- Full-service guided sport fishing on heated 26-foot cabin cruiser
- Use of all fishing equipment, including rods, reels, all-weather gear
- Professional fish trimming, vacuum-packing, and fish boxes
- On-site Alaska Airlines service for departure day check-in
- Ground crew assistance at Ketchikan International Airport
- Daily housekeeping, Wi-Fi hotspots, and all other resort services
Waterfall Creek Salmon Run Season Rates
|Length of Stay||Land Only||Floatplane||Package|
|3 Days / 2 Nights||$3,110||$470||$3,580|
|4 Days / 3 Nights||$4,665||$470||$5,135|
|5 Days / 4 Nights||$6,220||$470||$6,690|
Pricing is per person, double occupancy; additional nights, $1,555. Guide and crew gratuities not included.
Promotion details: The Waterfall Creek Salmon Run is a naturally occurring annual event. While it usually takes place early to mid-August, dates vary based on when the fish decide to show up. Commercial airfare, baggage fees, Alaska fishing license, King Salmon Stamp, and gratuities are not included. Optional bar charges, massage, and General Store purchases are extra. Subject to availability. Rates and features subject to change without notice.