Suggested Packing List
Waterfall Resort is all about outdoor fun and adventure, and we recommend enjoying your stay with us in comfortable, casual style. When packing, keep in mind that Southeast Alaska weather can change quickly. You’ll want to prepare for temperatures on the water to be cooler than on land. Expect pleasant summer temperatures around 50 to 70 degrees F, with intermittent showers and long hours of sunlight.
Waterfall Resort provides guests with all-weather gear, including hooded jackets, bib overalls, and XtraTuf boots. Top quality sport-fishing equipment is also provided. You’ll no doubt be bringing home a lot of fish, so pack light. We recommend that you pack the following items:
- Clothes that can be layered, such as short- and long-sleeve shirts, jeans or other casual pants, water-resistant jackets or windbreakers, wool sweaters, and fleece pullovers
- Hat (knit beanie, fishing hat, baseball cap)
- Extra socks
- Tennis shoes, boat shoes, and/or quick-dry hiking shoes with rugged soles
- Sunglasses (polarized if possible)
- Small day pack or tote bag to bring aboard the fishing boat
- Any needed medications, including remedies for seasickness
- Sunscreen, insect repellent (we rarely if ever see a mosquito, but do encounter the occasional no-see-ums)
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Wildlife or bird-watching field guide
- Camera, video recorder, charger, batteries, film, or memory sticks
- Wi-Fi compatible laptop, tablet, smartphone, and/or mobile device
- Your favorite books, music, etc.
Forgot toothpaste? No worries. Our General Store carries all sorts of sundries to make sure your wild Alaska sport-fishing trip is the best ever.