LAYERING TO MEET THE ELEMENTS
Waterfall Resort is all about outdoor fun and adventure, and we recommend enjoying your stay with us in comfortable, casual clothing. When packing, keep in mind that Southeast Alaska weather can change quickly. You’ll want to prepare for temperatures on the water to be cooler than on land. Expect pleasant summer conditions around 50 to 70 degrees F, with intermittent showers and long hours of sunlight, often in the same day.
Waterfall Resort provides guests with all-weather gear, including Helly Hansen bib overalls, hooded jackets, and neoprene XtraTuf boots. Top quality sport-fishing equipment is also provided (and your guide makes sure that you’ll never run out of bait). We recommend that you pack the following items:
- Clothes that can be layered, such as short- and long-sleeve shirts, jeans or other casual pants, water-resistant jackets or windbreakers, wool sweaters, neck scarves, and fleece vests or pullovers.
- Hat (knit beanie, fishing hat, visor, or baseball cap)
- Tennis shoes, boat shoes, or quick-dry hiking shoes with rugged soles
- Sunglasses (polarized if possible)
- Small day pack or tote bag to bring aboard your fishing boat
- Any needed medications, including remedies for seasickness
- Sunscreen, insect repellent (we rarely if ever see a mosquito, but do encounter the occasional no-see-ums)
- Camera, video recorder, charger, batteries, memory sticks
- Optional: fishing gloves, Alaska wildlife or bird-watching field guides
Forget toothpaste? No worries. Our General Store carries all sorts of essentials and sundries to make sure your wild Alaska sport-fishing trip is the best ever. You’ll no doubt be bringing home a lot of fish, so pack light. Questions? Contact us at 800-544-5125.