- Using a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, sweet potato, zucchini, and red pepper, and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- While vegetables cook, cut salmon into four equal pieces and set aside.
- When vegetables are tender, add coconut milk, water, curry paste, brown sugar, and fish sauce, and stir until blended. When liquid boils, drop heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until sweet potato is just tender.
- Place fish in sauce amid vegetables. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Using a spatula, gently turn fish. Cover and simmer until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork; about 3 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.
- Add stir in spinach, cilantro, mint, basil, and bean sprouts. Serve with rice or glass noodles and finish with fresh lime juice and chopped peanuts.
Beverage pairing: Chilled lager or Pinot Gris