- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in leeks, shallots, fennel, and 1/2 tsp. salt in butter, and cook until softened.
- Stir wine into leek mixture, increase heat to medium, and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock and simmer.
- Add potatoes to leek mixture and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Add fish, stir, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. Stir again gently, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Finish with cream, garnish with nutmeg and tarragon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with seasonal greens and crusty bread.
Beverage pairing: Pinot Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, or pale ale
Check out more Recipes from the Chef