- Place oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until onion starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Raise heat to medium-high; add tomatoes, thyme, lemon zest, and half the olives, capers, and peppers. Simmer while stirring, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in 1 cup water and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Add salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- Preheat grill on medium high.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper and oil on both sides to prevent from sticking.
- Grill about 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Place shrimp skewers on grill. Carefully flip fish and grill for another 2 minutes (less for rare; more for well done. Remove shrimp and fillets. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Plate vegetable mix and rest fish on top. Let stand for 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Garnish with remaining olives, capers, and peppers. Top each fillet with a grilled shrimp and serve with lemon wedges, steamed rice, and seasonal greens.
Beverage pairing: Chardonnay, Tempranillo, or Mexican beer.