1. Rinse salmon in cold water. Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Rub salt all over the salmon and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
2. Remove salmon from refrigerator and place in a large bowl with ice cold water. Replace ice water every 30 minutes twice. Soaking for a total of 1 hour.
3. Rinse well and remove skin from salmon.
4. Cut salmon into small cube pieces.
5. In a new clean bowl, add salmon, tomatoes, onion, and green onions. Mix gently until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
6. Place in fridge, let it chill and serve with ponzu when ready.
In a small bowl mix all ingredients together.
If you are having a hard time cutting the fish you can put it in the freezer for 20 minutes and then cut it when it has firmed up a bit more. Your cuts will look sharper and cleaner.
Sides: Steamed jasmine rice or fried wonton chips.
Pairing: Sparkling dry rosé or a chilled lager.