Fishing, Hiking, and Humpie Watching
In mid-August, joining the epic run of kings and silvers, our local pink salmon return home to the creek by Waterfall Resort, the most popular fishing lodge in Alaska. Guests take the creekside nature trail to watch the fish, also known as “humpies” or humpbacks, as they forge upstream and dodge black bears on their journey to reach our namesake waterfall.
The Waterfall Creek Salmon Run takes place when the humpies are ready to spawn, usually around mid-August, an event as exciting to our guests as it is to our resident black bears. Boardwalk and nature trails lead along the creek to our namesake waterfall and an observation deck, your vantage point for watching bears feasting on the fish.
“We had a blast. Hands down, it is the finest fishing resort I’ve ever stayed at ... with all the elements necessary for first-class service, food, fishing, and location.”
—Pat McDonell, Western Outdoor News
Waterfall Creek Salmon Run all-inclusive package:
- Round-trip floatplane tour to Waterfall Resort from Ketchikan, Alaska (90 minutes from Seattle)
- Lodging in historic Boardwalk Cabin or oceanfront Lodge Room
- All meals of hearty all-you-can-eat Alaska fare, including wine with dinner
- Full-service guided sport fishing on 26-foot heated cabin cruiser (four guests per boat)
- Use of high-end rods, reels, all-weather gear, and all other fishing equipment
- Professional fish processing, vacuum-packing, flash-freezing, and fish box
- On-site Alaska Airlines service for departure day check-in
- Ground crew in Ketchikan International Airport to assist with transfers
- Daily housekeeping, Wi-Fi hotspots, and all other resort services
Waterfall Creek Salmon Run Rates: August 2019
|Length of Stay||Land Package||Floatplane||All Inclusive*|
|3 Days / 2 Nights||$3,110||$470||$3,580|
|4 Days / 3 Nights||$4,665||$470||$5,135|
|5 Days / 4 Nights||$6,220||$470||$6,690|
*Pricing is per person, double occupancy; additional nights, $1,555. Single supplements and upgrades available. Guide and crew gratuities not included.
Catch the Adventure!
To book, contact reservations at 800-544-5125.
Promotion details: The Waterfall Creek Salmon Run is a naturally occurring annual event. While it usually takes place early to mid-August, dates vary based on when the fish decide to show up. Commercial airfare, baggage fees, Alaska fishing license, King Salmon Stamp, and gratuities are not included. Optional bar charges, massage, and General Store purchases are extra. Subject to availability. Rates and features subject to change without notice.
See the full list of events and promotions at Waterfall Resort.